DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This pastor is primarily responsible for the financial and administrative matters of the Church, managing HR, facilities, officesupport, security, IT/tech, printing, and all other areas not related to a ministry area.
- Primary Missional Goal #1: To administrate and develop a strategy to raise $1 Million each year for missional related causes which necessitates our eliminating the debt no later than the end of 2020.
- Secondary missional Goal #4: Needs assessment for staff, space, finances, and times.
- Negotiates, executes, and administers all contracts for the Church in conjunction with the Bylaws and appropriate committees.
- Oversees all business aspects of the church, including proper documentation that is required of the church.
- Maintains proper tracking and upkeep of all church assets.
- Assures compliance with proper accounting practices.
- Assures annual audit is completed and recommendations are implemented.
- Assures proper HR records are in place and maintained.
- Manages the payroll of the church.
- Assures performance reviews for all staff are performed annually.
- Work alongside Associate Lead Pastor of Ministries to provide monthly budgets and actual year to date information for all ministry departments.
- Provides quarterly update to the church for our financial status and results versus budget.
- Provides appropriate job descriptions for all personnel of the church-coordinating with personnel committee.
- Coordinates the annual budgeting process with various ministry areas and the finance committee.
- Coordinates any personnel changes under their supervision that may be needed in conjunction with the Personnel Committee and Bylaws (Finance Committee as needed).
- Serve as ex-officio (non-voting) Member on appropriate committees.
- All other duties as assigned by the appropriate church leadership.
- Adhere to the Church’s Statement of Faith, Church Covenant, and Church Constitution and Bylaws
- A mature Christian faith and commitment to the Christian life.
o Theology consistent with the Baptist Faith and Message.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, or a related field, from an accredited college preferred.
o Master’s Degree from an accredited college preferred.
o A minimum 5 years of experience in related field, ten years preferred
Passion for all ministry areas.
Strong leadership skills.
Strong communication Skills.
The Associate Lead Pastor of Stewardship works under the supervision of the Lead Pastor and is accountable to the Congregation and the Personnel Committee of this church.
Range ($90,000 - $110,000)
STEP-BY-STEP APPLICANT PROCESS
STEP 1- statement of faith QUESTIONNAIRE
STEP 2- SUBMIT A RESUMé
You can submit your resumé by clicking the button below to attach a copy of your resumé to an email. We greatly appreciate the seriousness of your consideration, and look forward to connecting with you soon.
Step 3- response
As the Stewardship Associate Pastor Search Committee of First Baptist Church at the Mall, we acknowledge receipt of your resumé and application. Presently, we are in the process of organizing our work as a committee and we will be reviewing all resumes during August. At that time your information will be prayerfully considered along with all the others we have received. Thank you for allowing us to consider you in this process. At the appropriate time in the near future, you will hear from us again. If you are no longer available, or do not wish to be considered by First Baptist Church at the Mall for this position, please let us know.
Pray with us that we will seek, find, and follow God’s will in this matter.
Yours in Christ,
Chairman of The Associate Lead Pastor of Stewardship Search Committee